Sunday, 13 October 2013
If you use the voice memo for long recordings (above 15 minutes) you may have noticed that when you finish your recording and it asks you to name it that when it has been named that th length of the recording shows at 00.00, and does not play back what you just recorded.
after much research and reading online including on the apple forums not one apple rep had mentioned when or how to fix this issue. although i do not have an iPhone anymore i still have an iPad and Apple TV, not that i use the memos but even so this still needed to be investigated.
So as a temporary fix (maybe permanent) if you have any previous recordings from your older iOS from before the upgrade, then make sure that these are backed up in iTunes.
Once they have been backed up then delete them all out of your voice memos app, and try a new recording i tried a long recording of about 35-40 minutes just to ensure that it was not a fluke that it worked, once it had finished recording and i had renamed it i then checked to see if it worked and it did.
I then proceeded to make another recording to see if the initial fix would work (the fact that old recordings were present) once again i made a 30 minute recording and then i renamed and saved and once again the recording saved and replayed fine, thus leading me to the conclusion that any older recordings made prior to iOS 7 are not compatible with the new revamped Voice Memos app for iOS 7, so until apple fix this issue i would recommend that you do the above to capture your meetings/lectures.
Tuesday, 1 October 2013
So its the school holidays with a week left i decided i needed to install some new applications on the school computers and the easiest way to do that was to create a new image and roll it out using MDT 2012.
I made my image in Hyper V and installed all the latest versions of java,flash and a few other new applications that we want to use in the new school term.
All good i created it all and captured it ready for deployment, imported the WIM file into MDT and recreated my Litetouch files and then reimported them into WDS ready for PXE booting.
I have a test machine in my office that i roll out all new images to before i go ahead and do the rest of the computers, i fired it up pressed the F12 key to tell the computer to PXE boot, it connected to the server and started into the Deployment system, i then chose the new image and told it to begin.
All went well until the computer rebooted after seeing the screen ( Setting up your computer fo rthe first time) then this error appeared.
Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file [C:\windows\Panther\unattend.xml] for pass [specialize]. A component or setting specified in the answer file does not exist.
I was thinking this is a little weird as nothing in the answer file MDT creates would have chenged as it was the same answer file i had used before i just updated the WIM file.
After a little digging and checking the log files i realsied that it was to do with the fact that the new image had Internet Explorer 10 installed, so i had to look through the answer file to find out where it was specified.
This took a little bit of research and trial and error but i eventually found the issue, it was basically this line of code in the asnwer file.
To fix this issue i simply commented out the whole line saved the xml file and then ran the deployment again, and viola it works as it should do.
So open up your answer file in either notepad or another plain text editing program and search for the line of code
And change it to this
<!-- <IEWelcomeMsg>false</IEWelcomeMsg> -->
If you use notepad ++ then it will automatically change the line to green to show that it has been commented out.